The customer was facing threats in form of phishing attacks on their employees including senior executives. Coforge worked with the customer in identifying the root cause and help them remediate the issues through policy optimization and training.
About the Client
The customer is one of the largest and oldest cement and building material companies in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
The customer was facing continuous phishing attacks on their employees including the senior-level executives. The issue was persistent even after multiple policy changes performed by the customer on their O365 security platform to protect their users. The customer was looking for a partner to help them remediate the issue and deliver a training and assessment program for their employees.
Coforge leveraged its services and its experience as a service provider to help the customer in identifying the root cause and design a framework catering to customer’s needs. The solution is described below:
- Coforge conducted workshops with the customer to understand their environment and problem areas.
- Coforge performed an investigation of the issues to identify the root cause.
- Coforge leveraged its partnership with Microsoft in conducting the investigations for identification and analysis of the messages involved in coordinated phishing attacks.
- Configured policies for enhanced email authentication checks like sender reputation, behavioral analysis, and other advanced techniques to help identify phishing emails.
- Defined a role-based phishing assessment and training program for the customer to improve security awareness using Coforge’s PAT service.
- Conducted periodic phishing assessment using O365 attack simulators.
Delivering more value
- Comprehensive RCA and policy optimization for successful closure of the issue.
- Customized training programs for employees based on their personal risk score and role in the organization.
- Detailed reporting and optimizing campaigns based on past results
- Significant improvement in user awareness and reduction in attack surface through security training program based on Coforge PAT service.