When infrastructure is the lifeblood of an organization, agility to keep pace with customers and a changing market provide the competitive edge. A high-speed railway service provider partnered with us to connect their distributed offices through a network and to set up a Help Desk that could offer business-aligned user support. Our multi-lingual, multi-location Help Desk helped the client to deliver more value in the form of faster resolution of issues—freeing employees to focus on business that mattered.
About the Client
The client is a high-speed railway service in cross-channel intercity passenger travel between UK, France, and Belgium via the Channel Tunnel. It was the official train carrier for the 2012 London Olympics and links over 100 destinations across Europe.
The client was aggressive about providing timely support to their constantly increasing customer base. With a large customer base, there was immense pressure to manage increased traffic load on their website using the existing Wide Area Network (WAN). A legacy infrastructure environment, distributed data centers, and data rooms worsened the situation. Operational costs of the existing infrastructure were spiraling as the client was not able to align SLAs with their business needs.
To overcome these challenges, the client needed a system integrator with an exceptional track record of delivering complex IT solutions globally.
The client partnered with us to:
- Gear up its infrastructure for the 2012 London Olympics
- Connect various distributed offices and stations through an enhanced WAN
- Set up a multi-lingual, multi-location Help Desk to address issues of incident management in a streamlined and user-friendly manner
We drew up a plan for creating an integrated infrastructure. Our team played a key role in evaluating and providing the necessary infrastructure support services—service desk, desktop services, data center services, server services, networks, in-station, and equipment services. In addition, we designed and set up a data center as well as provided network and security technologies support. In addition, we created a Help Desk to resolve any application-related issues.
We were responsible for meeting end-to-end SLAs for operations, managing third-party contracts, performing infrastructure testing and end-user computing, and devising a transformation program for the aging systems. Our team collaborated with the client to roll out Windows 7, application virtualization projects, and automated packaging technology. Furthermore, we provided tools for service management and monitoring to ensure optimal performance, continuity, and efficiency of the existing infrastructure.
Delivering More Value
The integrated infrastructure, based on continuous service improvement strategies, has helped the client achieve better business results, including:
- More Accessibility: We ensured higher availability of business systems
- More Efficiency: We improved the response time of business-critical applications. With the implementation of integrated infrastructure, the client reduced the number of people involved in managing and monitoring the systems
- More Satisfaction: The integrated system enhanced the experience of end-users. The SLAs of service delivery were met—building the foundation for a win-win relationship.
- More Savings: We reduced the overall operational costs of the infrastructure.